10.04.2007

It's over



Yep, more comic strip news. We (my mom and I) have been following the comic strip Funky Winkerbean for a while, about 5 years or so. Recently the author had Lisa's cancer recur. Now, she's gone.

This has been the source of lots of internet content. I didn't get involved in comic forums, I have my hands full with indie and Etsy forums. But I felt that he could have let her get well. I didn't have to end this way. A very good commentary was written in the local newspaper regarding this.

I don't know why things like this are getting to me. Recently a radio talk show guy I listen to a lot got divorced and I felt incredibly sad for his kids. I'm feeling everything more acutely since, well April I guess. I'm internalizing more because I think it shouldn't be a big deal. It's something that I couldn't have influenced either way. *sigh* I don't understand me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment