6.04.2007

Another Small Step


My saw
Originally uploaded by lpdesigns
The initials of this post spell a bad word. I should change it.

Well, the saw came today. I'm very excited about this. I got it on eBay and it came with 144 blades. It's probably low-end but I didn't want to blow alot only to find out I hate metalsmithing.

I have about 3 ideas that will involve metal so I needed a saw. I have a book, so I'll be learning as I go. I don't have the money to take a class, yet. The ones around here are like $300. I learn pretty well from a book. The ideas I have involve mostly straight lines, so hopefully not too hard.

I'm going to need a tool box soon. I'm currently storing my tools in the packaging they were shipping in. That's not going to work for much longer. My room is junky enough.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new saw! I'm jealous! Small steps, that's true. Just take small steps. I'm still taking them too and hopefully we will both get there someday! You are quite a bit younger than me and you have a great future ahead of you. I have a 5 year old and he is my future right now! Jewelry is a side thing. For you it can be your future, have faith!
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I needed that encouragement. Your son looks like a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh saw! I tried one of those at uni a few years ago...let me tell you, I would be needing all those 144 blades! =P Good luck!

    ReplyDelete