2.04.2009

By Its Cover- Scoop- Pt. 2



By Its Cover is my completely independent 2-part book review column. Selections are made based entirely on the book's cover. I'm testing the old saying in my quest to find new authors.

Title: Scoop
Author: Rene Gutteridge

Part One

I liked this. Perhaps it appealed to me because of my generally conservative background. It was quirky and funny and made me think. Which is what a good book should do.

It takes place in a news station. So there are all the social politics, (and other tics), strained relationships, work friends, etc. The lead anchor has a bad run in with Botox and goes missing. A series of other seemingly unconnected mishaps lead to a fairly interesting conclusion. It's a sort of quiet book. A beach read. (Shouldn't mention beaches now. It's freezing in CT.)

Thinking about changing up the format of BIC, only doing the review portion. Next book will be The Wasp Eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment