10.15.2007

Who I Am


Fountains
Originally uploaded by lpdesigns
I took that picture yesterday. I had to mail a letter, a survey from a class I took. It was fairly nice and it didn't matter that the Post Office was closed. The lobby where you can deposit letters was open.

I took the camera with me. A few days ago I posted that I was fighting my desire to get into photography. I do this because I think I'm getting into too many different things. I need to focus, right? I got an encouraging comment on that post so I decided to stop fighting it. It was only stressing me out.

I snapped quite a few pics. I may upload more to Flickr over the coming days. I actually smiled when I got one capture. The leaves are changing, this shot was really nice, to me. Of course, I'm a complete amateur. But I'm loving it.

I walked up to the library, sans camera, I wanted the trip to be short, and got a book on digital photography. I want to know the basics before I consider taking a class.

I also got and SAT prep book. It's a really good one, I'm devouring it. Yes, it's been years since I graduated high school. (I'm 21.) But I long since thought that a huge block in my pursuing any kind of further education was the fact that I never took that test. I had ALL KINDS of misconceptions, so it's probably really good I didn't take it when I was 18.

I'm realizing that I have to do (not missing a word there), I can't just thinking about doing. Sometimes you have to help things get better. It's scaring the heck out of me. What if I mess up? I'm getting less afraid in small ways. I need to get out of this rut I"m in, that I've been in for the last three years. I'm not fully ready. But is there such a thing as a perfect time?

2 comments:

  1. hello! I found your blog through etsy. I also avoided the SATs at all costs, even chose a college partly based on the fact that they did not require the test. In my opinion the fact that even the test-makers admit that the test is useless makes it a pretty ridiculous way to spend a lot of time and money. That said, the college I went to taught me a lot about random things and opening my mind, but had very few real opportunities and taught me little about how to find a good job afterwards. So it might be worthwhile taking the darned thing! Sorry to blah on so lon in your comments, congrats on the photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thanks for all you said. Reading the book, they said the necessity of the test is questionable. But I feel like it's something I need to do. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete